- Turquoise magnesite nuggets are about 1 inch long by 1/2 to 3/4 inches wide.
- Lapis nuggets are just over 1 inch long by about 5/8 inches wide.
- Vermeil spacers are about 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Clasp: hand-forged 12kt gold-filled “S” hook.
- Length: adjustable from approximately 19-1/2 to 21-1/2 inches.
- Pronounced vehr-MAY, vermeil is karat gold over sterling silver. A thin deposit of karat gold is electroplated or electrochemically applied to sterling silver. Vermeil is more wear- and scratch-resistant than is gold plate.
- Gold-filling is the process of bonding, usually by a combination of heat and pressure, karat gold to a base metal usually brass. Gold-filling is many times thicker than gold plate. My ear wires are 14kt gold-filled – the 14kt gold is what touches your ear.